The Pays de Saint Gilles is the ideal destination for nature lovers, for a relaxing holiday, filled with experiences that the whole family will enjoy.
A successful holiday is often all about the simple things in life. Ideally, it’s about getting away from the daily routine, about spending quality time with friends or family at the seaside, and just taking the time to enjoy yourselves.
Activities during the winter school holidays
Relaxation and exploration
Do you feel the need to get some fresh air? Everyone knows of the therapeutic benefits of the sea air! In the winter, there’s nothing better than a holiday at the seaside, breathing in the sea air, listening to the sound of the waves, feeling the sand on your toes… to make you feel better. Come and explore the seaside, on foot or by bike, across dunes, through forests and along rocky coastlines.
Our favourites for a revitalising experience
- Head towards Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez to the Phare de Grosse Terre, on your left is the Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie Grande Plage and on your right the superb Corniche Vendéenne (Vendée headland).
- The calm and relaxing Brem marshland is a great place to go for a walk.
- Just a few kilometres from the coast, Jaunay lake and Gué Gorand lake are ideal lakes for some relaxing quality time as a family.
- Between Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie and Brétignolles-sur-Mer, walk along the dunes, for a complete change of scenery.
- Our last favourite place is the forest in Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez. There is a superb viewpoint here, overlooking the forest with the ocean in the distance.